Thursday, November 15, 2007

Protractor

It's a good thing you can't see how many times I begin a sentence here and backspace it out of existence.

SEE is going to sunny California at the end of this month. I mean, oh crap, two weeks from today. Exhibition booth and Presentation Hall and all the glory that comes with being exhibitors and presenters at the NCSS Annual Conference. I just found out that Sandra Day O'Connor is going to be the main speaker at the conference - but we'll be on an airplane flying over Idaho by then. Arg.

Our Presentation has to be finished tomorrow. Not because it's a deadline for the show. It must be done or my husband might dump cold water on me at any moment. That might not make much sense. A short explanation: I can get too wrapped up in my "work." I've been married for almost 14 years. The husband is allowed to take drastic measures when I've entered the land of "all is secondary to my work."

My work. Is it "work" if there's no paycheck? Is it "work" if it's actually costing me money? Ahhh... Is it "work" if you frigging LOVE it??

Geek.

No comments: